Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Cyber Monday Steal!!

So I've been looking for a new duvet cover for like....ummm.... I don't know.....forever.  At least that's what it seems like.  I've fallen in and out of love with some that were super expensive, ones that I purchased but were too short on the sides and some that just didn't look as good on my bed as I'd thought they would have from the package.  I even went so far as to think about making my own that I saw on Anthropology.



One that was like $350.  That would have probably cost me about $60 to make.  But then I realized that I didn't have the patience to make my own.  And I liked my sanity too much.

Then I found one in BBB.  But it's kind of pricey and one of those that you have to buy the shams separate- increasing the cost of it.  So I've waited.  And waited.  And waited some more for that bitch to go on sale.  To no avail.  Even with the 20% coupons that they always send it would have made me regret spending so much money on it.  Anything that I saw that I might have like I immediately compared to the one in BBB.  And nothing ever reached the standard I had set for it.  Wait- am I really talking about standards for duvet covers?  My word I'm such a dork.

Well Miss Wendy found one for me and had to show me a while back.  It was still kind of expensive but not like the one that I just luuuuurved.   And aside from a few less colors, it was VERY similar to the one I wanted.  I kept telling her to keep an eye on it to see if it went on sale.  So when she called me on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and told me to go online because it was on sale- I jumped onto my laptop so fast! It was marked $77 from $110 with free shipping.  Score!  In the cart it went.

Well it finally arrived last night.  I got it ironed and changed out what I had on there and sat back to admire it.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!  Here are some of the covers that I've had on there so far.




The last photo is what I've been working with for the last couple of months.  I was over it.  So here is my new one!!!


{close up!}

Don't you just love it as much as I do?  Really, just go with it.  I'm having a moment.

It also comes with some additional pillows that I will think about getting.





But we will see.  I'll probably keep checking them to see if they go on clearance.  If not, I can do without.  Now it's time to actually start decorating the room since I've finally found the bedding.  How ridiculous it is that the one room that I spend most of my time in is the LAST room to be decorated?  I mean, I've only lived here for 3 years.

So who wants to come sleep in my bed and test out this new duvet?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only comment if you are going to tell me how awesome I am. If you don't, I will hunt you down and cut a bitch.