There Must Be Something About This Color

I've done it again.  I think I need more friends because it seems when I have down time, I paint things. If you haven't noticed, I paint a lot- therefore I apparently have no friends.  So painting is what I did yesterday.  At least this was something that was kind of necessary.  Since I went and screwed the piece up by doing another project way back when.

Let's start with this.  You remember my cute little pedestal table in my kitchen, right?  Don't mind the old photos.  There are no pumpkins currently on the table.  I'm not that crazy.



OK- while I was staining my new laundry room shelves however many months ago, I somehow got splatters of stain all over the top of this table.  Which, as you can see, is no where near the laundry room or the shelves that actually got the stain.  Apparently I'm super talented like that.

After I finally realized that the stain got on the table top, well after it was dried of course, I knew I needed to try to fix it.  I got out the extra trim paint and decided to try to cover it up.  But let me tell you- it looked like a hot mess.  So I decided to change it altogether.

Well yesterday as the sun was shining I decided to get 'er done.  First I started out by getting the orbital sander and scuffing the surface a bit.  Then I flipped her over and removed the legs that's what she said and got out the pretty alpine valley paint that is the color of the powder room and the garage entry door.  I'm kind of obsessed with it if you haven't figured it out by now.  After the first brush strokes, I knew it was going to be gorgeous.  Which was a good thing, since there was no turning back at that point.  Picture me being Jack singing Cher- "If I could turn back tiiiiiiiiiiime."  with a flick of my long black wig.  Just Jack!


All Cher aside, after a few coats had dried, this is what she looked like.


Ahhhhh so pretty.  I reattached the legs and flipped her right side up and got started on the top.


I still will need to put a clear protective coat on it and I'm also hoping to find a piece of glass for cheap that will protect it even more since I use this table a LOT and really don't want it going back to the hot mess.

Here's what she looks like now.



I've been searching for a while for new chairs as I'm not loving the ones that came with the table.  I'm thinking more like wicker chairs??  Maybe?  But I haven't found them yet.  Clearly.  So for now, I will be living with the white ones- which is fine, cuz this mama is not about to be painting 4 chairs.

But now that I've put this color on the table, it definitely brings out the other areas of the kitchen and living room that have the same or similar tone.  Like the mason jar lights and rug in the kitchen.  See what I'm talking about?


Or looking into the living room, with the baby blue vases on the leaning bookcase, the new tv stand, the blanket and the embroidery on the pillows.


Or in the powder room right next to the table.


Told you I was obsessed.  Opposite the powder room is the outside screened porch- with the aqua floor.  I'd show you a picture of that but it looks terrible, so........ You'll have to take my word for it.

Countdown has begun- 11 days!!!!  If you don't know what the countdown is for- come to my house next Sunday.  You don't want to miss out on all the fun I'm about to be having up in here.  Up in here.


Comments

Post a Comment

Only comment if you are going to tell me how awesome I am. If you don't, I will hunt you down and cut a bitch.

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost