Getting Rid of the Last Boob

Remember a few weeks ago when I purchased the two new hallway lights and then got them home only to find that one of them was damaged? Man was I p-i-s-e-d. (Name that movie) 

Well after going to my local Lowes to have them order it, I waited. And waited. And waited way longer than I should have. Bullshit I tell you. A week and a half later I called to see what the problem was and they couldn't find my order in the system. So the light was never ordered. Awesome. Unfortunately for the poor guy on the phone- he received the wrath of Kristi. I was not happy.  He told me that he couldn't order the light as it was now a discontinued item. I told him that was unacceptable. I told him that the store that I originally bought them from had 10 left (I was on their website as I was bitching at him) and gave him their phone number to call them to have it shipped store to store. He obliged.  He didn't want to get screamed at again I think. 

So finally last Thursday that very nice gentleman called me back to let me know that it had arrived. And of course I was working all day Friday, Saturday and for the football game on Sunday.  Of course. 

Well after I got off of work on Sunday I headed straight there to pick it up. Again, that very nice gentleman that I spoke with on the phone came to the front desk with my light and apologized profusely about it not being ordered in the first place. I batted my eyelashes and played nice- telling him there were no worries and that I am just glad it all worked out in the end. He then asked me if I remembered who it was that I spoke with when I ordered it. Me (being me) gave him a very accurate description of the guy- a really short man who works out a little too much and has a little cross eyed thing going on. He choked back laugh and said "Ah yes. Jeremy." Yup- it was Jeremy. 

So back home I went, flipped off the circuit breaker- safety first- and headed upstairs with the light.  Since I had already put one of them together, it didn't take long to get this one up and installed.  It went from this:


To this:




Gorgeous, right? Such an improvement from the boobs. Shudder. Ew. 

While I had the ladder out I went back downstairs to the other light and fixed the shade so that the two squares matched out. Because yes- it has driven me crazy for weeks not being in line. 

So it went from this:



To this:


OMGSOMUCHBETTER!!  Yes- I know I'm ridiculous. Have you seen my closet? I have issues. 

So what do you think? Are you still sporting the boob lights in your house? And if so- what the fuck for? Dear god, take them down this instance. 

Oh and since I FINALLY have a free weekend after 3 weeks of band competitions I'm hoping to get a couple of projects done and be a little more consistent with posting. It's just working 18 hour days makes me a little cranky (ok a LOT) and I only want to curl up in my comfy bed when I finally am home. The house has been the last thing on my mind lately. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color