I'm Seeing Green!!

Ok remember way back in March when I started working on the back spare room?  Ummm yeah somehow 3 months have gone by without me realizing it.  I have been working on projects during that time but I just never seem to get back into the groove of posting about them on the blog.  I need to be a little more consistent with it though.  I wish there were a few more hours in the day.  I also wish there was a millionaire who felt charitable towards me and my bank accounts.  A girl can dream right?

Last time I posted, I did a teaser photo of the nightstands. 


That was the start of painting after I sanded the stain and scuff marks off.  One coat of paint down, three more to go.  As you can see, I had to take the backs off and remove a bunch of pieces in order to slide the drawers out.  That wasn't a pain in the ass at all.  Who makes furniture like that anyway?  Good thing I was an engineer in a previous life because I was able to put it all back together weeks later with not a single screw left behind. 




I was a little nervous with how bright the color was but there is a ton of light in my kitchen where I was painting them.  So I figured I'd continue with this color and bring them up to the room and see how they looked in the space before making any rash color changing decisions.  I mean, I wanted green and I most definitely got GREEN.  I wasn't trying to bitch out on one coat.  Plus I've never really been scared of color.  Hello, have you seen my house?

The back spare room is really dark with only one window and an overhead light on the ceiling fan.  Add in the charcoal paint on the walls to make it even more moody.  So I had high hopes that the green would look perfect in the room. 



Luckily my aunt was coming from Massachusetts to visit and that is the bedroom she likes to stay in so I had a deadline to get the room back into some sort of livable condition.  I won't even try to act like I got the dresser done and she wasn't living out of her suitcase though.  Mama can only do so much.  Let's be honest.

Side note- we went to the Women's Final Four while she was here.  Look at her- how adorable is she?  Seriously though.  We had a lot of fun on this trip.  Plus UCONN won! 





Back to the nightstands.  I brought the first one up to the room and breathed a sigh of relief.  It looked so good!  I loved it! 

Once I lived with it like this for a few days, I decided to start on the second night stand because I really do like the color- especially up against the white and charcoal.  After putting the knobs back on and finally getting some good light- below is what they look like in the room. 




Isn't is gorgeous?  They really do look so good in the room. 



Ugh.  Definitely need to do something with that duvet.  Gross.  And find some cute throw pillows.  And some artwork.  I do have a really cool wood saying that'll be hung soon.  Just need to sand and stain it.  That won't take any time at all. 

See what I mean about how little light gets in the room?  Compare the left nightstand to the one by the window.  Will definitely need to get some lamps.  I can't wait to get start on the dresser that's been in the garage for 3 months- no big deal- and get this room done!  Unfortunately, it's on the back burner right now since it's been gorgeous outside and I've been working on outside projects.  Like my fire pit and Adirondack chairs!  OMG bitches, they are coming out so good!  Can't wait for you all to see! 

What are your thoughts on the green?  Did you think I was crazy?  Do you still think I'm crazy?  Does my crazy have nothing to do with wanting green furniture? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color