I'm Seeing Green Part Two

OK last time I showed you my back spare room, it was looking like this....


The feature wall was completed, the bed had new fabric, and the nightstands had their green paint.

What still needed to be finished or changed was:

  • The dresser needed to be painted and put back into the room.
  • I needed to find a different duvet cover cuz the frumpy white one wasn't doing it.
  • Lamps needed to be purchased for the nightstands. 
  • Accessories, accessories, accessories.  
Well, bitches, it's DONE.  I think I even impressed myself on this one.  The final result is probably one of my favorite final results since I've started this blog.  I'm had many moments where I thought I've done a good job.  But this one definitely takes the cake.  OMG I should totally make a cake to celebrate finishing this room.  

So first lets start with the wall to the left once you walk into the room.  I found this wooden word at TJ Maxx months ago.  Like probably almost a year ago.  It was $19.99 and the top was all scratched up.  But I knew with a little sanding and some new stain, it would be prefect in this room. 


There is a large amount of wall space on this wall and the one opposite it so I was hoping that the wooden RELAX doesn't get lost on it but once it was hung, it seemed to fit perfectly.  

Next came a $25 duvet, two Target lamps and shades for $19.98 each lamp, and some clearanced out gold candle holders for the nightstands.  Oh and three pillows and pillow covers from Ikea on my last trip there a few months ago.  





Throw in a pair of dark gray velvet curtains also from Ikea for $39.  Of course, it took me forever and a day to wash and hem the curtains cuz all Ikea curtains are like 184 inches too long.  If you remember- these are the same curtains that I used to fabric the headboard and foot rails on the bed.  


Opposite the bed is the dresser.  But before we get to that- let's talk urchins!  I didn't know what I was going to put on this wall but once I saw them, I knew I had to have them.  



And yes, my slightly OCD self goes into freakout mode when I look at the placement.  But I figured I would throw caution to the wind and just hammer random nails into the wall and hang them in various spots.  I spent too much time trying to figure out a design and nothing seemed to work.  So random it is!  But I won't lie- I've moved a few of them and will probably move a few more to stretch out the design a little bit and cover more wall space.  

Seriously though, how much do you like them?  They bring a bit of texture and depth into the space.  And the colors went perfectly with the other pieces in the room.  




I also got these from Target.  They come in a set of 3 for $14.99 or the big one was also $14.99.  So for $60 I think I got a pretty cool wall of art.  

Lastly, the dresser.  Still looking for some accent pieces to put on it but for now, here it is!  A little blah for this wall but eventually it'll have a little sass like the other walls.  


So what do you think?  Love it?  Hate it?  I just remember the girl at the home store when I was getting the paint looking at me like I had 4 heads when I told her what the paint was going on.  But I honestly love it so much!  This room will not be redone any more.  Third time definitely is the charm.  


  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color