Stick A Fork In It- The Kitchen Is Done!

Oh my god you guys!  It's been 8 months from the first part of the kitchen remodel and I can finally say it's DONE!  I actually thought in July after some things happened that I wouldn't get the kitchen finished until May.  That was my self-imposed deadline.  So I'm extremely happy that I am finished well before then! 

I'll spare most of the detail photos of what I've done since the last post.  But it included sanding the upper cabinets, which were an off-white, and repainting them bright white, adding baseboard trim to the lower cabinets and island, adding a trim detail around the bottom end cabinet and upper end cabinets, adding trim to the backsplash to hide the cut edges, painting the window ledge and molding that goes underneath the window sill. 

Trim on the backsplash- went from this:




To this:





There was a gap between the upper cabinets so I installed a small quarter round to hide it. 




Then I installed the trim on the end cabinets- making it more of a Shaker style instead of just a flat finish.   








And below are the baseboards.  Guys- I've had peel and stick faux wood from the day I've moved in.  Even when I painted the cabinets white and the island brown- I never did the baseboards.  Well now that I have pretty cabinets I needed to fix those god awful baseboards.  I got two 1 X 4 X 6 boards of mdf and painted them the bottom cabinet color.  It definitely puts the finishing touch that they needed. 










And the fresh white upper cabinets- still in progress:






 And final shots of the full kitchen taken today- with the other side of the upper doors on and handles:

















It's a gloomy day so trying to get a good photo with the lights on versus the lights off is extremely difficult.  But seriously- I'm in LOVE with my kitchen.  I have lived with a kitchen for 10 years that I hated.  Why did I do that to myself?  I spend a LOT of time in the kitchen.  I love to cook.  To realize that 10 years has gone by in a kitchen that I absolutely hated is nuts.  Aside from the expense of the new appliances- which from reading previous posts you know I didn't spend a ton of money on, this complete makeover was really because of a new backsplash, some simple trim, and a couple gallons of paint.  I used the same hardware on the cabinets that I already had.  I did swap out the rugs and artwork but they weren't expensive at all either.  I would say everything was less than $500- not including the appliances.  Tying the living room, dining room and kitchen together has really transformed the entire downstairs. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color