Powder Room Refresh

 Once I finished the laundry room, I knew that the powder room downstairs was next to get a makeover. Yes, I just redid this room less than two years ago.  No, I do not care.  

This is what it looked like 2 weeks ago.  



It's a tiny room.  Came with a toilet and pedestal sink.  I added that cheap cabinet more than 10 years ago to store toilet paper and cleaning supplies.  There isn't anything fancy about this room.  But I wanted it to be fancy.  Well, not necessarily fancy, but it needed to hold it's own in the downstairs full of really nice looking rooms.  Also, I hate pedestal sinks.  

This room has 7ft ceilings.  I started out by painting the top two feet Tricorn Black- my new favorite color.  I just painted the laundry room cabinet that color and the upstairs loft bookcase is that color as well.  Then I removed the baseboards.  



Next was to paint the bottom 5ft the same white as the laundry room walls and loft walls.  It's a Nautica color- Bowline.  



Then came time for the top of the board and batten that I was planning on doing over the white paint.  The top and baseboards are 1X4's.  




Then came time for the vertical boards.  You might recall the drawing I did a couple of weeks ago with all the math.  This is what it was for.  For the slats I used 1x3 boards.  





Next up was painting and caulking the boards, trim, and baseboards.  













And yes, I bought the Ryobi caulk gun.  SO WORTH IT.  I totally made fun of it last summer when my dad, aunt, and I were at HD.  I was buying a new drill and saw it and was like, "Seriously, how lazy are you that you need a battery operated caulk gun?"  Well, then I did the upstairs slat wall and realized that was complete bullshit and I should have bought that caulk gun.  So I ran over there on Saturday morning and grabbed it so I could have it for these slats.  For real, $49.97 and worth every penny.  

Currently the room looks like this.  




Pardon me and my granny cardigan.  This room is so small and really difficult to photograph.  

Also- notice how I didn't show the sink side?  Yeah.  That pedestal sink is still there.  But only for the time being.  I bit the bullet and ordered a vanity.  It arrived this week but won't get installed until my dad comes out this summer.  I don't do plumbing.  Also, I need to paint the vanity.  I know.  Who buys a brand new and gorgeous vanity for $500 and then paints it before it's even installed?  Me, that's who.  But this is the one I bought.  It's gray and needs to be black.  


I really only bought it for the wood base.  I'm obsessed with it.  So stay tuned for the finished powder room in a few months!  I can't wait!  There will probably be a few other new things in the room by then too!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color