Powder Room Finished!

Well it's taken me about a month to write the post- but the powder room is finished!  And I love it!  

Rewind to what it started out as.  


Then it turned into this with a very light blue paint.  


Then aqua.  


That phase lasted far longer than it should have.  After that I changed it to dark gray.  

. 
And finally this is where we left off back in April.  


Soooo pretty!  The only thing left was to change out the pedestal sink to the vanity that I bought from Lowes.  



I had been looking at this vanity for awhile.  The wood on the bottom is what caught my eye.  I love it.  But it was the wrong color.  I also thought for a hot minute that I'd build my own vanity similar to something like this.  But the more I talked about it and priced everything out and hemmed and hawed.... I finally just bit the bullet and purchased this one.  I'll always be one to suggest DIY first, if you have the time and/or tools to do it.  But some times I've been known to just skip the DIY and go straight for the purchase.  This time was well worth it.  

It arrived a few months ago and has sat in my kitchen since then.  As much as I try to do things myself, the one thing I'm not really keen on playing with is plumbing.  So I waited until my dad and aunt came out at the end of July to tackle removing the pedestal sink and installing the new vanity.  But first- I needed to get it painted.  Cuz yes who buys a $600 brand new vanity and then paints it?  Me.  Oy.  





The gray was much darker in person then in the photos online.  But still not the Tricorn Black that I wanted it to be.  

Finally when my dad got here I was like- "Hey!  Haven't seen you since Christmas!  Let me get your bags!  The vanity is right there.  Chop Chop."  I mean not really, I fed them first.  Then said chop chop. 

Kidding.  But once we were ready to start on my projects, this was definitely first on the list.  I was so excited!  

Here she is just doing a dry fit.  


Loooooooooved it!  You can see the left side of the top butts up to the door right there.  We ended up needing to cut the door trim to slide her right up against the wall.  So that took a little time.  But now it fits snuggly against the wall with no gap.  Then came time to pick the fixtures.  

For starters, the light is chrome and matched all of the other bathroom lights and the vanity handles are brushed nickel.  I really wanted to do matte black for the faucet, towel holder, and toilet paper holder so I ordered what I needed during Prime Days.  Then as I thought about it I knew in my mind that the matte black wasn't going to work.  So I jumped back onto Prime and ordered the same fixtures in brushed nickel.  We took both sets out and put them in the room and it was obvious the brushed nickel was the choice I needed to go with.  Whomp whomp for the matte black.  But if I had gone with my heart, there would have been too many mixed metals in such a small space.  

I already knew I wasn't keeping the pill shaped brushed gold mirror so I had already sold that.  I had searched for a new mirror for quite a while but couldn't find anything that I really liked.  But finally found one and it goes perfectly in the room.  

Here it is all finished!  






That final photo is my favorite.  I just love how the wood from the vanity and the wood from the mirror warm up the space.  I love the board and batten, I love the black and white walls.  I love it all!!!  

Since I can now officially check this one off the list, it's time to move onto to my new tornado room.  Welcome to Indiana.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color