My Weekend Was Awesome, How Was Yours?

Well... aside from that poor excuse of a dining table.  Something that I FINALLY finished this weekend was the yellow dresser. Oh- you forgot about that did you? Or did you already think that I was done cuz I haven’t talked about it in months? If only you could be so lucky! Well I had everything done except for the top two drawers (remember the picture of my skivvies still in the drawers but the rest of my clothes on the floor??). yeah, those two were totally forgotten about.  Once I got my AWESOME bedroom furniture I brought those two drawers out into the garage and they sat there. And sat there. Well I finally got down to business drilling the new handle holes, filling the old holes, sanding them, and painting them this weekend as well. Hall. Lay. Lu. Ya. Now I can start cleaning the garage again since all of the projects this weekend involved dust, dirt, and grime. Fun times.


Just one more before picture and I swear you will never see it again!!


Yellow, gold, brass leafy hardware, pink painted on flowers...... ew ew and a little bit more ew. 


Here are some final room shots with the dresser included!  So pretty!

”dresser

dresser painted yellow, yellow painted dresser, yellow painted mirror, painted yellow mirror, yellow painted nightstands, yellow painted night stands, painted yellow nightstands, painted yellow night stands, gray room with yellow furniture, yellow and gray room, gray and yellow room

dresser painted yellow, yellow painted dresser, yellow painted mirror, painted yellow mirror, yellow painted nightstands, yellow painted night stands, painted yellow nightstands, painted yellow night stands, gray room with yellow furniture, yellow and gray room, gray and yellow room

dresser painted yellow, yellow painted dresser, yellow painted mirror, painted yellow mirror, yellow painted nightstands, yellow painted night stands, painted yellow nightstands, painted yellow night stands, gray room with yellow furniture, yellow and gray room, gray and yellow room

The drawer handles are actually a brushed nickle.  But with the flash or the way the camera takes the picture, they look black.  Trust me.  They are not. 
The only thing left for that room now is re-upholstering the bed and heightening the headboard and hanging the mirror (which will be when I have some additional hands to help me since it weighs like 640 el bees). And while I’m good, I’m not THAT good that I can balance it on my pinky and drill holes into the wall at the same time. Oh and I’m going to have a very special guest staying over in August and she has already claimed that bedroom. We’ll see how she feels about that when the sun blinds her at 5am even through the shut blinds and curtains!!
While I was out at Lowes picking up more stain (fucking table), I also went looking for a new light fixture (place not to be announced just yet) but the one that I found and kinda liked was $99 so that won’t be happening just yet. So I’ll keep looking elsewhere or checking for back for it to go on-sale. But while in the lighting department I found lamp shades. Woo hoo- because I didn’t find any in Target, TJ Maxx, WalMart, JC Penny’s or Kohls that I liked. Oh and for all you lamp lookers- Kohl’s sells everything BUT lamps. Huh. Never would have thought that. But I totally forgot that Lowes sold them and they actually have some cute ones and they aren’t expensive at all. The average price at the other stores was about $24.99 per shade. The ones that I found at Lowes were only $14.99 each. SCORE. Now I just need to decide if I’m going to put the old ones back onto the original lamps upstairs or put the new ones up there. Since I’m kind of liking the taupe ones downstairs for the time being I put the new ones upstairs.  More so because I was lazy and didn’t feel like switching them out. But we will see how I like that after a couple of weeks.




Wow.  I just made a big deal about some burlap lamp shades, didn't I?  HAAH.  I apologize.  You guys don't actually read these posts for the home pictures now do you?  Its more my awesome charm. Fucking right it is. 

You'll notice the addition of the tan and brown chair and ottoman into this room.  This chair has bounced around from apartment to apartment and from room to room.  Initially it was downstairs in the empty dining room when I first moved in.  Then it went into my bedroom.  But when I got my big girl furniture, this lonely boy got the boot.  So the only place that I actually had room (including the garage) was the upstairs living room.  I'm thinking that I'll need to re-fabric it if its going to stay in that room.  The camel colored fabric that I put over the original black chair just doesn't seem to go very well with the rest of the colors in this room.   Maybe go more towards the color of the couch and desk chair that you get just a little sliver of in the bottom left of the picture.  Or maybe go green.  Or maybe I can find a cream and brown zebra print and have it show my WILD SIDE.  Raaaaaawwwwwwwrrrrrr.  Who knows.  More than likely it'll go out in the garage for a future yard sale.   Who am I kidding.  I'm about as wild as white rice.

And again, if you didn't know- Girl With The Pink Toolbelt is now on Facebook. CLICK TO LIKE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color