Easy Peasy Weekend Project!

Today was a lazy day for me.  I had a 13 hour work day yesterday with 4 high school football games.  Super fun, let me tell you!  So today was my chore day- although I didn't really get to the chore part of it.  Woops.  My bad.  I did however, watch some football.  YAY!!  Super excited for the season to start.  And although I didn't get to watch the Patriots- my future baby daddy scored a touchdown!  So I'll be sure to show him my appreciation when he comes home tonight.  HAH.

I would like to thank the Chavez's all the way down in Texas for keeping me informed of the goings on of the game though.  Isn't that ironic?  My friends in Dallas were able to watch the game but I couldn't. UGH. Miss Kim had me all nervous when Brady got hurt though.  Took a few minutes to hear if all was OK in Tommyland but she sent another message that life was all good.  I could drink breathe easily from there on out . We got one win in the bag and I stayed alive in our work Survivor League.  I picked Houston for this week and they blew away the Dolphins!  Sweet.

On Friday I left work early to shop.  Seriously.  I headed over to Target to "look" and one hundred forty fucking five dollars later....... I had some pretty awesome things in my cart.  LOTS of clearance items!  This hooker loves her some clearance.  I picked up quite a few things for grilling and a couple metal planter boxes which are super cute.  I also grabbed these:


What would I need 3 yellow cloth napkins for, you ask?  Since my dining room is cream, blue, brown and orange?  What was I thinking?   Oh I know!  Four cloth napkins would equal to two pillows!  And two pillow covers for $4.98 is a flippin steal!  I have some extra pillows lying around the house that aren't in use so I decided to use them for the inserts.  I didn't have any that were 20 X 20 but I think I can make it work. So after I mowed the lawn this morning I pulled out the sewing machine.

I decided that I wanted to be able to easily remove the cover so I didn't want it sewn on all 4 sides.  So after I ironed them to get rid of the creases, I cut two of the napkins in half and left the other two as is.  I did a quick seam on the cut sides and started making the pillow cover.


I kept the print side on the inside while I went around the outside edges.  Here is one side done.


And here are both sides done.


And here it is with the pillow tucked inside.


I ran upstairs to see how it'd look in the yellow and gray room.  What do you think?





I don't know about you- but I fucking LOVE it.  Time to get the second one done!  I love quick and easy projects!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I have curtains in a very similar pattern... Just in blue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Only comment if you are going to tell me how awesome I am. If you don't, I will hunt you down and cut a bitch.

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color