Front Room Gallery Wall

I've been busy this weekend.  I currently have a nightstand in my kitchen drying with two coats of paint on it and the mirror laying across the kitchen table, also with two coats of paint.  I'll go into more detail on those in another post once I finish the second nightstand.  But for today, I have artwork on the front spare room wall. 

Last post I mentioned that the previous artwork was not going in the room.  It was done as kind of a joke- since this was and is the bedroom that my dad stays in when he's here, I did a bunch of frames with pin up girls in them.  I mean, it was cute and quirky.  But it was old.  I was over it.  Time for a refresh on the walls. 

This time around I was going to stick with one wall- the wall that the door to the room and the closet are on.  It's really the only large space to put 6 frames.  The only other large wall has the bed against it- so this one was it.  The wall facing the bed has the nook with the floating shelves and tv on one side and the dresser on the other.  The fourth wall is windows.  Here is that said wall.  All blank and shit just waiting to have pretty things on it. 


When I was deciding on what I wanted to put into the frames, the same though kept popping in my mind.  And as funny as it would be to put 6 selfies of myself in those frames to really creep out my guests.... I decided to go with the original plan. 

So today I searched through my photos, changed six of them to black and white, got onto Meijer's photo site and sent them to get printed.  I really didn't think they'd be ready today, since I sent them around dinnertime.  But an hour later, I got an email saying they were ready!  I ran upstairs to put a bra on... come on it's Sunday....... and headed over to the grocery store to see if they came out even slightly OK. 

I loved them.  They came out just like I wanted.  Only slightly smaller than I wanted.  But the 8X8 were under $3 a piece and the 11X15 were $13.  I didn't want to spend $78 if the grocery photos came out like shit.  I could stomach $17 so much better. 

I got home, grabbed the hammer, level, measuring tape, photos, a margarita, and some tape and started working. 

What started out with 6 of these....


Turned into this.....



I mean come on.  Does it get any cuter?  My pups!    





Here are the photos up close so you can see their pretty faces better!




I love love love it!  And I'm sure my guests will appreciate the dogs faces staring at them WAAAAY more than mine.  But if I change my mind, I can spare another $17 and get them done in a couple hours! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color