Craigslist Faux Pas and Shopping Steals

Sup bitches?  I'm finally sitting down after a weekend of lots of cleaning and outdoor prettifying and picking up some STEALS from a couple of stores.  Gotta love steals.

But first can I talk about some Craigslist etiquette?  Or any sort of "I'm selling this" etiquette.

  • First off, if you post a piece of furniture online to sell, please put the dimensions.  It is just being lazy when you don't and it's super frustrating for the buyer having to contact you multiple times to ask about a piece that may or may not even fit what they are looking for. 
  • Also, maybe clear off all the junk that you have lying on top of said piece of furniture because maybe, I don't know, the interested purchaser would like actually SEE the piece. 
  • Learn what your piece actually is and don't guess.  A short, long dresser is not a chest of drawers.  Nor is veneer "real solid" wood.  
  • Using "antique" or "vintage" only works when the piece is actually antique or vintage.  Just because something is OLD does not mean it qualifies for either description.  
  • On the same subject- just because you've painted something white does NOT mean that it is "shabby chic 
But the biggest gripe of all.  If you are in contact with a potential purchaser and you tell them that the piece is still available and when they ask for the dimensions (because you are a lazyass and didn't include them) and you reply that you will be home in an hour and will send them over and the interested buyers responds back "great- thank you.  Please send at your convenience as I am very interested in the piece."  Don't fucking wait  an additional 2 hours and then finally text back  "Oops, sorry.  I sold the piece."  Ummmm excuse me?  I'm pretty sure that you were working with me!  How did it go from I'll text you the dimensions when I get home in an hour to oops my bad I'm an asshole and I sold it out from under you?  Fucker.



Anyway- I'll get off of my high horse now.  Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood since I had to get up at 7am yesterday to get an oil change and $560 and 4 hours later.......UGH!  Although I did know that I had a problem with my car so I should have expected it.  But why is it that there is never a $50 fix with a car?  Or even an $100 fix?  I mean, if there is I'VE never experienced that.  The good news with that is the estimate was originally over $600 but with a little convincing and a nipslip, off came $60.  Because, let's be honest.  Even with slicked back bed hair, not having showered, wearing sweats and a t-shirt and a very big possibility that I left the house without brushing my teeth, a tit is still is tit.  And I will use whatever asset I can to get a discount.    Hi Mom!

After I finally got home from that mess- I started in on my very long do-to list.  First thing was starting on the outdoor dining set that Miss Wendy and her hubby very graciously gave to me when they purchased a new set for themselves.  Love them!  I set up the chairs to be painted in the back yard on cardboard and got to spraying.  While those dried I set up the umbrella and the new stand that I got from BB & B.  Once the chairs were dry I sprayed the cushions with Scotchguard and attached them to the chairs.  Here is what it looked like before:


And here it is now!





How awesome is that??!!?!?!?!?  And aside from a can of spray paint- it was zero dollars!  I frickin hate this back yard that is full of weeds. But it's going to be quite a while before I can afford to tear it up and lay down the concrete patio that I want.  So I've got to learn to live with it the way that it is.  And adding things like this will make me like it more and more without having the patio in there yet.  I actually have some plans with the area next to the concrete slab.  It's the area right above in the last picture.  I won't divulge the what or how but it'll involve bringing out my chaise lounges and having them NOT sit on top of the weeds.

On Friday Miss Wendy and I went out to dinner and headed over to a couple stores afterwards.  One of them was TJ Maxx where I have been eyeing a set of Le Creuset stoneware that they have.  You all know I love me some expensive things but hate the expensive price tag.  When I saw these I fell in love.  BUT- they were still way to expensive for me even at TJ Maxx prices.  I just couldn't justify spending the money on them.  Well, wouldn't you know that when we went on Friday- two of the three pieces were clearanced out.




I really like these ones in particular because they match my kitchen colors and are super cool with an ombre affect on them.  You can't really tell in the pics but they are a darker taupe on the bottom and get increasingly lighter as it goes up to the top of the dish.  These are originally more than $30 each.   Can you read the price tags below?


$7 each!!!!  Now that's what I call a STEAL!  Now if the bigger one would go on clearance..... I'd love it!

My other steal of the weekend is in the form of planters.  I've been looking (although not yet ready to make a purchase unless it's a really REALLY good deal) to get some planters for the front of the house on the sides of the garage door.


This photo is from when I closed on the house almost 3 years ago.  So those small bushes are a lot more full now.  I eventually plan on removing them and laying down some concrete there.  I would put the two planter boxes on the new concrete and be able to change out with the seasons different arrangements of flowers.  I did find a couple in JoAnn's of all places but even with the 50% off that was listed- they were still over $80 each.  Which for those I probably would have spent that if it really came down to it and I had already laid down the concrete and was desperate for the planters... but luckily I haven't done that yet.  Well, while we were at Sam's today I found two flipping awesome planter boxes in the exact shape that I was looking for.  They are not ceramic- which was not a deal breaker as I didn't really HAVE to have ceramic- just more of the shape that I was looking for.  So when I looked at the price tag and saw that they were only $14 each???!!!???!!!  In the cart two went.  The cool thing about them is that they are the same color as my chaise lounges and are made of resin with a wicker look to them.


Now don't get me wrong- they might not end up at the front of the house.  It will be interesting to see the scale of them to the house when I have the bushes removed and the concrete there.  I will more than likely need a MUCH bigger planter so that they don't look ridiculously small.  But you never know- they might be the exact size I need and I'm just being my pessimistic self.  But either way- I can totally use these in the back yard if they don't work in front of the garage.

The last thing that I did is kind of dorky/cute/cheesy. But I got a $5 picture frame from TJ a couple of weeks back and knew immediately what I was going to do with it.  It's almost a "Friends" kind of vibe that I was going for- for those of you who've never watched an episode I pity you.  So I'm sorry if you don't get where I'm going with this.  But here it is!



Makes the ugly thermostat a little bit prettier.  But the good thing is that it's not permanent.  So if I decide that it's just too cheesy I can take it right off.

So did you get anything for a steal this weekend?  Or bring out your patio sets and get your outdoor areas ready for summer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color