OMG SMH LOL!

Do any of you find these abbreviations suuuuuuuuper annoying like I do?  Most of the internet slang I just don't get.  I actually have to look them up because I'm so not cool like that.  What happened to actually typing out actual words?  There was this girl I used to work with.  And aside from the fact that she was just obnoxious- she actually spoke and did presentations using WTF and OMG- and not saying the words that the abbreviations mean- but just saying the letters.  I'm not lying.  Who does that and how unprofessional is that?  Maybe I'm just old school.  Maybe I'm just not down with the technology- I say to myself as I type this blog. But in all seriousness- what happened to being literate? And let's be honest, there isn't one thing manly about a guy using LOL.  Not a single thing.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm just as bad as you all.  I love technology.  I mean, I literally have entire relationships via text message.  Or I feel like I know everything about you because of what you post on FB- yet I haven't seen you in person since I was 18 years old.  It's crazy how we- as a society- have come to accept and at times- embrace it.  I wouldn't have gotten in touch with some awesome people from my past or stayed in touch with as many people along the way without it.  But it's just these ROTFLOLing's that I just don't get.  I mean, are you REALLY rolling on the floor laughing out loud when you say you are?  I just don't believe it.  The other night I got GN SD and I actually had to reply back and ask what that meant.  I knew the GN part.  But was at a loss for the SD.  Like I said, I'm old school.  (It's sweet dreams for all you like me out there!)

There really is a point to this post, I swear.  Keep reading- it's worth it.  So since we are becoming such a technologically advanced society with our social media obsessed lives- how often is it that we pick up a card, hand write inside said card and actually put it in the mail to send to someone?  Now, I'm not talking about birthday or Xmas or sympathy cards.  Just random, I saw this and thought of you cards.  Well the other day, Miss Beth did just that.  She saw this card, probably LOL'd in the store, slapped a stamp on it and put it in the box.

I found it odd that she needed my address but I obliged.  First, I plastered her with random questions first.  What did she buy me?  Did it have rhinestones?  Was she sending me nipple tassels?  Not kidding.  She wouldn't tell me (even though I knew that she knew I secretly wanted those nipple tassels) so I had to wait around for the snail mail to find out.

Well the other day it arrived- it was a card.  Now, if you know me you know my LOVE  of all things Xmas pure sarcasm here people.  So I found the back of the envelope to be quite funny.

{although you should know that I quite enjoy holiday cards}

I ripped that sucker open to see what the card said and found this:




One of the things I always say is "seriously."  As a statement, a question, with attitude, with excitement.  It's almost as universal as the word fuck.  So this card was perfect.  I literally laughed- not LOL'd.  Well I got to thinking.  Did you smell the smoke?  I found this card as my inspiration.

When I repainted my upstairs from green to gray, I took down all of the artwork.  And my walls have been bare ever since.  Months, people.  Well I decided that I was going to take what I had originally hung on the walls outside of the upstairs bathroom and re-work it to fit the new decor up there.  So I headed over to Michael's on Friday night (yeah living the dream people- be jealous) to pick up my supplies.  Here is what I started out with:


I actually thought that I could keep the artwork inside but boy was I wrong when I took off the back of the frame.  Some bitch glued all of the pieces together.  Ridiculous.  So the inside artwork is now in pieces in my trash.  Oh well.  Then I took out the mattes and painted them.  Hot Pink.  Cuz that's how I roll.



While those were drying on the island, I grabbed the card stock and letters that I purchased and started on the "artwork" for the inside.


You can't really tell but the letters are textured and raised from the paper- almost like the inside of a piece of cardboard.  Since they were on clear plastic, I cut them out leaving the plastic backing on, and arranged them onto the card stock.  I used my little level to make sure that they were lined up properly and then took some blue painters tape and stuck that to the top of the letters so that they'd stay in place while I centered them on the card stock.  This way, I didn't have to arrange each letter every time I needed to move it a little to the left or a little to the right.



And as you can see in the below photo, once I had the letters where I wanted them, I just started from one side, pulled the blue tape up, peeled the plastic backing off of one letter and put the blue tape back down.  Now the first letter was stuck to the card stock.  Then I pulled the blue tape off of that letter and moved onto the next one.


Once the first one was done I started on the second- here they both are finished.


I grabbed the empty frames, mattes, and card stock and put humpty dumpty back together again.  I ran to the garage, grabbed my hammer, some brad nails and headed upstairs to get hanging.

See the boring bare walls before they got some color:


And here it is now with the artwork hung back up:


Cute, right?  I think so!!  And if you are wondering why I picked hot pink- well here you go:


The hall bathroom is gray and hot pink.  So now it all flows together!  Aren't I frickin ridiculous like that?

So I guess the moral of the story is that if you can't stop it, embrace it.  It's pure sarcasm on my end since I absolutely hate the abbreviations so why not just use it to your advantage?  Plus it'll remind me of Miss Beth and how her thoughtful card inspired me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color