It's Blooming Flowers Up In Here!

Not much has gone on in Kristi's Palace since I redid the screened porch

I won't go much into it but yesterday I started sanding the dresser that I recently purchased for the new TV stand for my living room.  If you are friends with me on FB then you saw what it originally looked like.  Can't wait for the finished product.

One thing that has happened the last couple of weeks was some of my flowers started to bloom.  I also planted 2 new rose bushes in front of my dining room windows.  The daffodils and tulips that I planted last fall have come up around the two tress on the side of my yard.  See how pretty they are?



I also seeded the lawn so hopefully some of the dirt patches will fill in and the lawn will look a little bit better this summer.  But because I did that, I can't put the weed killer on it for another 5 weeks.  So I'm totally rocking the free dandelions ALL OVER my yard.  Whatevs.  I'm a little disappointed in the tulips that were planted a couple years ago.  One tree has come up, the other tree only has one of the two types up and the huge flower bed on the side of the house only has 1 flower up of about 30 bulbs.  All of the greenery is there- just no flower.  So that sucks.






But the good news is that the rose bushes are getting leaves as well as the lilac bushes behind them.  I still don't expect any lilcas for another 2 summers but at least they get color with the leaves.  And do you see what I mean with the free flowers?  ALL OVER MY LAWN.  At least it's some color, right?  HAH.

On the other side of the house, I'm getting some green buds on the salvia and hydrangeas and the peony bush that I got for $1 at the beginning of fall last year is actually sprouting!!  And it was so late in the season that it took way too much energy to dig up the grass around the peony bush so that's something that needs to get done soon.  But I'm really excited to see this bloom.  Especially since it was a DOLLAR, holla!  It's supposed to be a bright raspberry color so I can't wait to see the blooms.



One thing that I did get accomplished the other day was installing new towel bars in the two upstairs bathrooms.  I happened to be at Lowe's wandering around and noticed that the brand of sink faucets that I like (Moen Boardwalk) also has a line of bathroom accessories.  Well the double towel bar was on clearance from $39.99 to $15.99.  There were only 3 left so I bought all three.  Once I got home, it dawned on me that just because I have 3 bathrooms, doesn't mean I need 3 double towel bars.  The downstairs powder room  won't ever have a full bath towel, just hand towels.  So I will return that one and just wait for the rest of the accessories to go on clearance.   So here are some before and afters.



{blah boring builder grade towel bar}

And the afters:




I still have a bit of touch-up paint to do since the old towel bar attachments were longer than the new ones.  But that's super easy.  

 And here's the master bathroom.  

{before}

 {after 1}

{after 2}

Not bad for a $30 upgrade.  It really is the simple things for me.  

Once the dresser is finished and I get my garage back, I plan on adding some more wall mounted shelving to  the walls- reusing what was originally in the laundry room so I don't have to buy anything!  Then I also have a plan for my pantry shelving (also the same wire shelves).  

But I'm totally getting excited as I had a LONG conversation with my dad yesterday about my paver patio.  He and my aunt are planning on coming out the end of July/beginning of August and that is project number uno on his list of things to do while he's out here.  Very very VERY excited about getting that done and being able to enjoy my backyard.  Once that is done then I can work on the rest of the weeds in the backyard- what will be left of  the backyard since the patio is going to be HUGE.  

So that's about it for now.  Maybe within the next week or some I'll have the dresser done and ready for it's glamour shots.  It may or may not already have 2 coats of paint on it.  I can neither confirm nor deny that.  But it sure is gorgeous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color