I Wanted Tassels

I never EVER thought I'd put tassels on anything.... well other than.... you know.  Ew sorry mom.

I bit the bullet and started on recovering the chair pillow.  I will say- I am NOT a sewer.  Like at all.  I can do a basic, semi-straight line.  That's about it.  I would love to be able to do a lot more but I just don't have the time or the patience for sewing.  The fact that I was able to sew the original cover and do piping with it and have it come out shockingly good?  I chalk that up to beginners sewing luck.

Here is what the pillow looked like....


It was beautiful out yesterday so I took the pillow outside to the patio to remove the cover and buttons.  Then today I pulled out the sewing machine and got to work.  Again- NOT a sewer.  You could probably give me 1,000 tips on how to have sewn this easier than I did.  But it actually came out cute and that's really what matters right?

Started by removing the tassels from the remaining piece of the shower curtain.



I decided to sew one piece onto the fabric first and then start the pillow cover.  Probably would have rethought this after I saw how it came out but oh well.



 Once I had the top done, I sewed the two sides and checked to see the fit.



 Not too bad.  I just tucked the bottom under to get an idea of what it was going to look like.  Kinda cute, right?  I was chuckling the entire time making this.  Tassels. Fucking tassels.

OK so now that it fit good, I turned it back inside out and sewed a few inches on the bottom on each side- leaving the middle open to stuff the pillow into.  Seen below on the top of the cover.



I think I violated this pillow stuffing it in.  But finally got it.  Next step was to hand stitch the remaining length that was still open. I did a quick couple of passes back and forth, knowing I was going to have another pass at it when I added the remaining string of tassels.


I mean, adorable right?  Just had to put her on the chair to see what she looked like and man, I love it!






I decided against adding the buttons back on.   Was a little TOO much.  Plus I want the tassels to have the spotlight.  And I've said the word tassels far too many times in this post.  TASSELS!

I finished recovering the bed yesterday as well.  But I'll wait to do a post on that once I can get it put together.  But the bedroom is coming along great with the new color scheme! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color