The Condo- Living and Dining Room Reveal

Well..... the common areas are done!

The plan was to start on Saturday and see how far I got and then possibly go back either Sunday or Monday to finish up.  I'll tell ya, Easter totally threw a wrench into my Sunday plans.  Way too many stores completely closed for the entire day.  Didn't expect that.  But I figured it out and finished things up on Monday instead. 

So to give you a little insight into what kind of vibe I was going for- I found this photo on Pinterest. 


I think I've talked about this- I want a mid-century modern/boho vibe.  I saw a couple of pins that I had already saved and was like- YAAAAAAS!  So I went with it.  I went crazy with it!  It was so much fun shopping for this condo.  Guys, you have no idea. 

Back to Saturday- I filled up my car and headed over to the condo to start really decorating.  I actually started with putting the bed together- but that room isn't finished yet so you're getting the main living spaces.  Deal with it. 

Before pics of the living and dining rooms. 






OK so I maaaaaaaaay have brought some stuff in prior to Saturday.  I didn't want the pretty stuff sitting in the garage. 

OH- the homeowner before left a bunch of stuff in the condo.  Like the fireplace in the above photo.  It's actually a nice fireplace and would have looked super cute painted and in the bedroom.  But it's a gas fireplace and the connection is right behind it and only there.  So it's gotta go.  Anyone want a gas fireplace??  HAH! 

Did you see the vaulted ceilings?  For Christ sake, this place is sick.  Like ridiculously sick.  Imagine your 21 year old college student self.... did you live in a place like this?  Ridiculous.  I lived in a shit whole dorm with 9 other females.  

Once the bed was put together, I moved in the couch.  I told you there was this ginormous U-shaped black couch.  That was what I were trying to decorate around because it's huge.  I think I did a pretty good job of making it blend in and not look so in-your-face-huge. 

I didn't really get too many photos of the decorating process but here you go!   



I figured out I was going to mount the TV on the wall, rather than sit it on the TV stand I built.  That way there was more space to put vases and plants.  I rolled out the rug and got the couch where I wanted it, set some pillows on the couch and threw a basket and plant over there and stepped back to see if I liked it so far. 

I did.  YAY!

After I got the TV on the wall, I hung the ceramic bull skull.  That thing is super cool!  I'll need to get a closer photo of it.  There is a very cool detail cutout design on it.  Then I hung the wood art I made and brought over one of the floor lamps to see how it was looking.  Don't mind the shadeless lamp.  I were had to go get one of those ceramic rings to screw the shade down.  I just hadn't yet at this point. 





I still liked it.  PHEW!

It really looked good.  I want to have this as my living room now.  :)  







I just put the little basket on the rug, flipped over, until I find a table to go there.  I wanted to see how much space I had and how much rug was visible before buying something.  But there definitely needs to be something there.  There isn't anywhere to put a drink or plate. 




I would like the walls to be slightly darker so that the bull skull popped a little bit more.  However, there is no way I am painting that long ass wall JUST to make a skull pop a little more.  I have to draw the line somewhere.  But other than that- it came out just like I wanted. 

Next I started on the dining room- which is open to the living room.  I had purchased a table a few months back that was in storage.  I started putting it together and man, I'll tell you what- those little allen wrenches are a bitch on your hands.  Can't they just use normal screws when they make you put together their furniture?  I mean, it would be so much easier and less time consuming.  But whatevs....  I finally got it put together.  Then hung the 3 pieces of framed canvases that I found. 


Once I had that done, I hung a couple of planters on the wall- one of which you can see above- and then I brought over a leaning bookcase to try to separate the two rooms and also break up the long ass wall on the back side of the condo. 


And yes, my OCD ass made sure that the middle canvas was lined up with the light. 



I actually took the white hanging planter to return and get another one with more color to it.  Same thing as the bull skull- it blends far too much with the wall color.  Also, the items on the bookcase aren't there permanently.  I just placed what was left over on it to see if I liked it there.  Most of that stuff is going in the entryway but I haven't finished the entry table yet.  Oops.  It's coming, I promise. 

A couple more photos of the last two rooms to see how they coordinate with each other!



Say Aloe to my little friend. 

Once I had these two rooms together it really looked like a very cool spot!  It didn't matter that the bedroom wasn't done yet and neither was the hallway/entry way.  Eh, who cares?!?!  What I had done was so freaking awesome! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color