The Condo- Entryway

I took this past Friday off of work for a VARIETY of reasons.  But rather than sit around being lazy- I had a to-do list a mile long.  The top item on the list needing to be checked off??  The condos entry table. 

This is kind of a "re-do" project, if I'm honest.  I built this table last summer/fall/winter?  I have no idea when.  But it was meant for additional seating behind the couch that faces the tv.  For when I have all of my friends over to watch the Patriots, they'd have barstool seating and a table to put their food and drinks on.  I built the table and went and bought all sorts of plumbing pipes to make a railing for drinks not to fall over onto the people on the couch and never finished it.  It was moved into the sunroom, out of the way and sat there for a lot longer than I care to admit. 

Then it dawned on me.... it would be cute as the condos entry table since clearly I'm not throwing any football parties any time soon.  

Here is what the table started out as- without any plumbing stuff on it. 


In this state it was way too high and way too long.  I carried it into the garage, Googled entry table heights, and started disassembling.  Probably not in that exact order.  Above turned into below. 


It went from 72" to 52" wide and from 48" tall to 36" tall.  Much more to scale for an entry table.  And this is how it has sat for the last month or so.  Until this past weekend. 

I knew I wanted it to "look" thicker but not double build it.  So to give it the illusion of being thicker/chunkier than it is, I added some 1X2 boards to the face of it. 


Added a little wood glue and used my nail gun to attach.  You can see the brackets underneath on how I attached the legs/sides originally.  I wanted a seamless top- no screw holes or pegs so I just decided on some simple brackets hidden under the top. 







Viola!  Done!  Not really!

I added a piece of 1X2 on the back, attached to the legs, to keep it stable and an additional piece on the top back as well. 





Today I brought it over to the condo along with a few other things and got it set up.  Below are some inspiration photos with what I was thinking the space would look like.  (all from Pinterest)




The idea behind what I was going for was simple, clean lines, not ornate, with a BIG round mirror above it.  Cuz girls love to look at themselves before they leave the house.  I had plenty of things to decorate around all of that- but needed the table.  I hung the mirror already so I really was just waiting on my ass to get the table done.  

Here is what it looked like in the space!  Totally what I were going for.  






I'll play around with what I want on the table and what goes underneath.  I kind of just threw things there to see what it looked like.  But the wooden bowl will house the keys and pepper spray.  Or whatever someone holds while walking in the door.  

The "hello" sign I think is my favorite.  I totally forgot to grab the nails when I left my house and I only had one nail in my car console.  I was both actually shocked I didn't have at least one in my purse cuz that would actually be a very normal thing for me to have in my purse.  But I didn't.  So it's hung right now with one nail and a tiny piece of a command strip- which after taking the first few photos, it immediately gave away.  So that's why in the above photo it's back on the table.  I'll bring another nail the next time.  But come on- how cute is this?  I love the cactus in the gray pot.  

Next up- I need to get the stuff hung in the bedroom and then I'm allowed to photograph it!  Oh and the back patio too!  Everything is all set out there but I had to return the outdoor rug that I originally bought.  It had all of these pulls in the material.  So other than finding a new rug and cleaning up some old wasp nests.....ew..... I can take some pics of that too.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color