Fast and Easy Bathroom Update

For real, if you aren't checking things off of your To Do list during this quarantine, you are not doing it right.  Unfortunately a lot of things on my To Do list have to do with the outside of the house.  It's cold and windy here in Indiana.  Mama's keeping her ass inside until it's nicer out.  But there are a few things that I can do inside while I wait for warmer weather. 

Like update my downstairs powder room. 



You guys remember my 10 year aqua obsession phase right?  HAH.  My god.  This room is the same color as the pedestal table I just repainted to dark gray.  No exaggeration- it's Tiffany Blue.  It was a cute pop of color at a time that I wanted cute pops of color in my house.  But lets be honest, I'm not cute.  I never was cute.  It's time for this room to be repainted.  Especially since it's really the only thing left of my aqua phase.  Uhhhhhh buh-bye. 

Rather than go out an buy more paint- I figured I could use what I already had on hand.  You know this room is going gray.  It's just what shade of gray?  I knew it wasn't going to be the kitchen wall color.  That color is way too light for me.  But I thought my go-to charcoal gray would be too dark in such a small space with no natural light.  Hmmmmm what to do?  Mix those two colors to get a lighter dark gray.  Duh. 

I'll spare you the details of painting.  But here is the finished product.  Quick and easy redo but such a difference. 




I put the canvas that was in there back up because, you know....... gold foil lips.  And while I might not be cute, I sure as shit am sassy. 



One thing definitely not going back in is that Disney-like mirror.  That thing served it's purpose for more than 7 years.  Time for a new mirror.  But other than that- check this one off the list!  Now I just need to be able to go out to stores and shop!  I never thought I'd ever have TJ Maxx withdrawals. 

Update: forgot to show you the finished bathroom with the new mirror.  Now I just need to get new towels.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color