Quick Chair Update

Guys- super easy chair update coming at ya!  Do you remember this chair?


I originally purchased it back in 2011 from a local consignment store for $45.  It went from the original above color to this....



These pictures make the chair super bright blue- but it really was a deep teal color.  But whatevs.  It's no longer that color!

There is this little nook going from the kitchen to the living room in the condo.  To me, it's a perfect spot for a chair, little table with a mirror and a basket for shoes.  I thought this chair would fit perfectly in there.  Except the chair "as is" unfortunately is not the look we are going for.  Now I just need to brush up on my sewing skills again for the pillow.  I'm just saying- there will be tassels.  TASSELS!

Once I got the paint and got home and changed, there was some sanding I needed to do since there were a few areas where the paint was chipping off.  It's not good to have painted furniture sitting in a storage unit that gets balls hot in the summer and tit bit in the winter.






I picked out a hunter green paint after testing some in the store.  It's a semi-gloss finish so it'll be slightly shiny.  It was love at first sight.  I'm actually thinking of keeping it for myself.  

I left that to dry and headed inside to recover the seat.  You know some times you have this idea in your head and go out searching for said thing and actually find it?  Well that's actually happened a LOT with the decor for this condo.  Including finding the fabric.  Remember I said I'm going very natural, bohemian with the look of the condo?  Wood tones, greenery in plants, and then black and white.  It's got a little tribal vibe and a little Aztec vibe to go along with it.  I remembered seeing in Target a print that I loved so when I knew I wanted to keep the chair last week, I headed there to find it.  I couldn't remember if it was a window curtain, a shower curtain, a table cloth?  Cuz you know me- I can't ever just use fabric from a fabric store to recover things.  I mean, good quality fabric is at LEAST $29.99 a yard but most times up to $49.99.  For a YARD.  Cray.  A shower curtain is 72" by 72"- much larger than a yard of fabric and typically under $20.  Up and down the aisles I went and could not find what I remembered seeing in my head.  Talk about disappointing.  I walked around the aisles a little longer and was heading back to the front of the store when I happened upon an end cap.  The clouds parted and the sun started shining and the angels started singing.  There it was.  Tucked in the back, hidden by all of the other clearance items..... the print I was looking for!  You shut your fat face!

On a side note- if you have the same vibe going on in your house or want to change it up to the Bohemian vibe- Target has a line out right now called Opalhouse.  Check it out.  They have some SUPER CUTE THINGS!

But back to the curtain- clearance.  CLEARANCE.  Guess how much I paid for it?  Originally $24.99.


Boom bitches!  $7.48!  Oh and see the tassels on the top of the sides?  Yeah, that's happening. 

But back to recovering the seat bottom.  Very easy- all you need are scissors, a staple gun and staples, and fabric.  It's a much quicker project when it's a solid fabric and not a print because you don't have to worry about there the pattern is.  But after looking at the print for a few minutes, I decided where I wanted the pattern to fall on the seat and got to stapling.



And of course I couldn't wait to see what it looked like with the chair so I brought it out to the garage and held it up near it- making sure to not get wet paint on the fabric.




Guys- less than an hour and I was done.  Just waiting for the chair to dry.

I put another coat on it the next day when I got home from work and today I brought it into the house.  Check this beauty out.


Here she is next to the wood art, tying in the green.



I mean, seriously.  Love it.  Now I just need to sew the pillow cover and she'll be done.  Not bad for a less than $12 update!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color