The Upstairs Part Deux.

Where did the weekend go? Seriously.  The temperature was still pretty decent, but I didn't really get to enjoy it. Although I did open my doors to get a cross breeze in the house. So there’s that.

Saturday was our first 8 mile run in our training program. So after lying in bed until 11am and then going downstairs to just crawl under a blanket on the couch, I finally got around to going to the gym around 1pm. It was still pretty cool outside but I figured that I would rather run on the treadmill than outside because I can see the miles ticking away on the screen. Plus it seems like when I run outside my perception of a mile is drastically different from reality. Those supposed 8 miles would have probably been 2.5.

The minute I walked into the gym it was like hitting a hot steamy wall. It was so disgusting in there and there weren’t even a lot of people. I headed to the counter to give them my number and had to say something to the girl at the counter. Me (in my most pleasant voice): Is your air condition broke or something? Girl behind counter: I know! I’m like, sweating and I’m only just standing here. Me: Well imagine how the people actually working out feel like. Girl behind the counter: Oh. I know. I’ll turn the fan up...


Really? The fan? Is there really no A/C in this bitch? I honestly don’t remember it being this hot in there last summer. For crying out loud, it’s March. In the middle of January and February they had the doors open to get it cooler in there. I guess that’s saying something. If they don’t have the A/C fixed soon, this hot, sweaty mama is not going to be playing around with the girl behind the counter. Ridiculous. She’s going to get a piece of the Old Kristi.

But anyway, I got my 8 miles in and shockingly didn’t do too bad at it. This week’s total miles are 21 with the big 10 mile run on Saturday. Not. Looking. Forward. One. Bit. But the good news is that the marathon is coming up here soon!! Which means I get to see my girl Sarah!!! 

When I got home, I decided to pass on mowing the lawn which was totally justifiable in my books since it had rained recently last month so I could get away with the “ground is wet” excuse and plopped my sweaty butt back onto the couch for a little bit more tv watching. However, having a to-do list a mile long, my relaxing didn’t last very long. And honestly, how could it when you are wearing sweaty underwear? Ew.

I decided to get out the ceiling paint and touch up the areas where I hit it with the roller while going crazy painting. The bathroom was first on the list since it was such a dark color and very noticeable. 

{Look Ma! No spots!}

After finishing that I decided that my master bedroom ceiling needed to get done too. I’ve left that one because I can’t use my tiny step ladder for the job. Nope. Of course, this hit was at the very top of the vaulted ceiling. Which is probably 16-18 feet high. This one I had to lug out the heavy ladder and stand on the very top rung (you know- the rung that they show on the warning picture to not stand on while showing the stick figure falling from it?). The fact that I absolutely HATE heights is probably the main reason why this spot has stayed this way for about a year and a half. And I can literally see it every morning and every night when I am lying in bed. So you know that it has been super annoying to me. Well it’s finally gone. Thank god. Now I have a pretty ceiling again! YAY.

While I had the ceiling paint out I figured I might as well go around the top of the walls where they meet the ceiling in the hall bathroom. That way I’ll have a nice crisp edge when I paint in there again like I mentioned here.



Then I figured while I was at it I might as well do the same thing for the entire upstairs (minus the bedrooms) as I had already bought paint for it that has been sitting on my kitchen table for a couple of weeks. I haven’t had the time to start on that yet but the paint was on sale at like $7 off a gallon. And you know how this mama likes a sale. So I went around each wall (all 8 of them) and did the same thing. I hadn’t planned on painting that area just yet since I have so many other things to do right now and the room is full of furniture and bookshelves that I had no interest in moving out of there.

The good news is that I can totally close the door to the hall bath and not even realize that the walls are all jacked up. Just like I can ignore the fact that there is a big hole in the drywall from the new light fixture. The bad news is that I just couldn’t stand the upstairs having white paint all over the walls just the few times that I walked through it that night. So guess what I did on Sunday?????

I had intended to just paint the 4 walls where the entrance to the bedrooms are as the upstairs living room is pretty dark and I could pretend that it wasn’t that bad since I don’t typically watch tv up there. So I took off the 2 pieces of art and started taping first thing in the morning. I headed to the store for more tape and rollers and got to painting the minute I got home. I took a little bit of a break when Miss Wendy called to see if I wanted to grab Mexican with them for lunch. And seriously, how could I pass up a quesadilla? After stuffing myself, I quickly changed back into fat pants and got to rolling again. Well, after those 4 small walls were done I figured I still had a little bit of energy left to me so I’d get one wall in the living room done and call it a day. I only had to move the desk out (which also meant the super heavy computer as well as everything else on it) and the tall cabinet (that was full of paperwork). PS that “only” was sarcasm if you didn’t catch it. So I taped up the ceiling (and genius me got the 2 in. tape rather than the 1 in. so as to avoid future roller marks on the ceiling) and the baseboards and painted that wall fairly quickly. So….. (do you see where I am going with this???)

A few hours later the entire room was done! And now my upstairs is a disaster zone. I’ll show pictures later in a final upstairs living room post. But I’m going to try to do one big post on the reveal of the new room. But let’s just say that the French Gray Linen that was actually a light pastel green is no longer a part of Kristi’s palace.  I loved the color when I first picked it out about 6 months prior to even having walls built to put it on. But it just never looked good up there. And I just couldn't figure out what to do with that room so I avoided it at all costs like I've mentioned before. Well, I think that the paint color was the reason for that. Even after I decided on a color scheme and started to make the room into those colors- it still wasn't working for me. So now that I have a color scheme (again) I have some serious plans for this room. The first step is done with changing the paint color. Now my plan is to re-paint the tv stand from that awful midnight blue and get a new desk. I've been searching for months for the perfect desk and haven’t been able to find it. I’m definitely holding out until I find something like this.

{Natty by Design}
{Google images}
 {Google images}
{Google images)

I just love it. Something French Provincial or Louis the whatever.  I seem to be drawn to pieces like this lately.  Once I have the desk, it’ll go the same color as the tv stand. Then I just need some accent pieces with the 3rd color for the room, including pillow covers, curtains, accessories, etc. and it will be done! And fabulous!

Anyone have a desk like the above that they want to get rid of?  Or do you scour your list by Craig and have seen them lately?  I will travel a great distance to get one.  I can't seem to find one like this anywhere around here.  Ugh. I'm serious.  I will get in my car right now.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mason Jar Oil Burner

Almost Finished Newly Renovated Kitchen....Almost

There Must Be Something About This Color